Roleplayer's Sanctuary

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site fully dedicated to roleplaying and all of that fun stuff.

3 posters

AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas!

AlaskanWyvern
    AlaskanWyvern
    Beginning Roleplayer

Location : I'm a waltzing wyvern wantonly whipping up wondrous waffles for the wandering walrus going from Waco to Wyoming.

AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! Empty AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas!

Post  AlaskanWyvern Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 am

I'm moving my various 3D stuffs here. Unless otherwise stated, it's made in Blender 2.49.

Giant Walking Tanks of Death, Doom, and Destruction (aka mechs)
    The Carrion:
    AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! 18978_1314039975052_1352255947_30924510_6808966_s
    The carrion has one major weakness: It can only shoot 15º off forward. It's only partially done with mapping; Jade Falcon insignias are just for kicks. I've done some more mapping since I took this, but I haven't actually put anything on the maps. Expect updates later. It's a clicky.

Here's the start of a design meant to correct the Carrion's flaws. This one will have a torso that can swivel 360º, plus a really big gun. Imagine this on legs, since I don't have those built yet. Clicky.

AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! Um1x.th

This is before most of the smoothing and other realism stuff. The only part I've smoothed is the barrel, so this is all very low-res (except the barrel, obviously).

Spaceships:
    The missile ship
    AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! N1352255947_30222534_3708
    I lost count how many missiles I fit on the bottom of this thing. Ooooh, shiny blue.

The Silent Claw
    AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! N1352255947_30329895_2491329
    Not really sure how happy I am with this one. I've had it for so long, but it's missing something, I think. It's a revamp of an older version, which looked like a stickman from the front. It's one of the first models I made.

Science vessel
    AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! N1352255947_30253928_7079
    This one vaguely reminds me of something from the old Battlestar. I think I'm pretty happy with this one.

Bestiary
    Cuinn:

This is the first rendition of my alter-ego in Maya. I've since redone his hands/wings. (Warning: funky shading, lol)

The Basilisk-y thing:

A baddie. Also made in Maya.

Old stuff
    This stuff is almost two years old.
    My very first attempt at NURBS, and my first attempt at modeling/Blender in general. Never start with NURBS your first time. They're a pain.
    Very first model in Maya
    Second Maya model and a continuing theme in my work
    A class assignment I had fun with
    My old room, recreated in part. Let's play "Where's Waldo" with my other models.
    A still life of my chain maille equipment and my second-favorite chain.

Last edited by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    High Priestess Osaka
    High Priestess Osaka
    Admin

AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! Empty Re: AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas!

Post  High Priestess Osaka Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:46 am

Wow, I wish I was good at 3D stuff! These are schweet!
    AlaskanWyvern
    AlaskanWyvern
    Beginning Roleplayer

Location : I'm a waltzing wyvern wantonly whipping up wondrous waffles for the wandering walrus going from Waco to Wyoming.

AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas! Empty Re: AW's 3D art. Starting with: Mechas!

Post  AlaskanWyvern Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks. I'm not sure about rigging any of these to move, though, lol.
    High Priestess Osaka
    High Priestess Osaka
    Admin

Post  High Priestess Osaka Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:58 am

My art teacher said he'd teach me to do that with the crummy 3D program we have at school.
    AlaskanWyvern
    AlaskanWyvern
    Beginning Roleplayer

Post  AlaskanWyvern Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Which do you have?
    High Priestess Osaka
    High Priestess Osaka
    Admin

Post  High Priestess Osaka Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

I think it's called The Art of Illusion.
    AlaskanWyvern
    AlaskanWyvern
    Beginning Roleplayer

Post  AlaskanWyvern Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Hmm. Doesn't seem quite as fully-featured as Blender, but it looks a lot easier to use.
    Compare with this screenshot.
    I only have one pane open at once, but you get the idea. Hopefully they'll be fixing the poor layout in the new version.
    High Priestess Osaka
    High Priestess Osaka
    Admin

Post  High Priestess Osaka Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

O_o.

Yeah, it's nowhere near that complex. Think Paint, only with 3D stuff.
    AlaskanWyvern
    AlaskanWyvern
    Beginning Roleplayer

Post  AlaskanWyvern Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 pm

I added a bunch of new stuff here. Could I get some honest crit on the Silent Claw? It's old, and I'd like to update it eventually, but I have no idea what to do with it.
    Tintik
    Tintik
    Beginning Roleplayer

Post  Tintik Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:33 pm

I spent about a month messing around with the Alice engine. It was pretty cool. Made a big huge zombie invasion, I did. Like 60 zombies coming for a guy who was shooting their heads with a shotgun

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am